Nokia Foundation Jorma Ollila Grant 2019/2020 for Recent PhD Graduates (Up to €20,000)
Deadline: September 30, 2019
Applications are open for the Nokia Foundation Jorma Ollila Grant 2019/2020. The Jorma Ollila special fund was created to support recently graduated doctors to further develop their research careers. These personal grants are awarded for the purpose of gaining international experience and research excellence for a period of 1-3 years. In addition to financial support, the new special fund will support the selected applicants through the contact network of Nokia Foundation.
All applications should comply with the charter of Nokia Foundation. In particular, the research should:
- Relate to information and telecommunications technologies — this can include multidisciplinary research that strongly bridges other related fields, like social, behavioral, economics and service sciences, to information and communications technologies
- Support and promote education and research within Finland.
- Relate to one of the following focus areas of the Jorma Ollila special fund:
- Data Science and AI, including research on novel methods, tools, applications and implementations of data science, machine learning and augmented as well as artificial intelligence.
- Network Technologies, including research on future networking and communication technologies for fixed and wireless connectivity.
- Digital Design, including research on enablers and practices of information and communication driven technologies, methods and systems for the digital revolution.
- Grants awarded by foundations such as the Nokia Foundation are often tax-exempt. Maximum amount granted per year from Jorma Ollila fund is €20,000 per grantee.
- Open to recently graduated PhD/doctoral students from around the world;
- Doctoral candidates, who have not yet publicly defended their doctoral thesis but have received permission to do so, may also apply for a grant. In such cases, pre-examiners’ statements on the thesis must be enclosed with the application. The grant will not be funded until after the doctoral degree is completed;
- At least one reference must be included in your application. References may be uploaded directly by their author using the application tool. A username and password will be issued by the application tool once the application has been finalized.
For more information, visit Jorma Ollila Grant.