Deadline: February 7, 2020
Do you have what it takes to launch your own globally successful software company? Apply for the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Training Program 2020/2021. The MEST Training Program is a 12-month, full time, fully sponsored program in which the cohort – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – complete a graduate-level course in software development, business and communications, with a focus on practical implementation.
The MEST program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed to ensure EITs master industry-proven methodologies for developing startups. This coursework is supplemented by sector speaks and a series of guest lectures, bringing in the experiences and insights of internationally-recognized executives and successful entrepreneurs. The course culminates in an investor pitch and the chance to receive seed funding and enter the MEST incubator.
- Global Staff: Senior faculty bring years of entrepreneurial and industry experience, while global Training Program fellows offer specific expertise.
- Hands-on Projects: EITs gain experience building, validating and pitching business ideas in a fail-safe environment. They do this 4 times throughout the year in what we call Capstones.
- Guest Lectures: Training is supplemented by guest lectures from experienced entrepreneurs and internationally-recognized executives.
- Full Support: MEST is a fully sponsored program. All EITs receive a full scholarship to attend the 1-year training, including free tuition, room and board, 3 meals per day and a small monthly stipend.
- Open to aspiring entrepreneurs from across the African continent;
- Accepted candidates must be able to commit to spending a year in Accra, Ghana at the MEST training program starting August;
- All participants must provide personal information that is true and accurate.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams
- Proven academic excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self-motivation
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
Successful applications have the following:
- Passion: A deep passion for starting a software company
- Experience: Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- Education: A degree from a top university or Technical College (or equivalent experience)
For more information, visit MEST Training Program.