Future Ready ASEAN Competition 2019 for Young Asians (Fully-funded trip to Bangkok and total prize of USD $4,500)
Deadline: October 20, 2019
Applications are open for the Future Ready ASEAN Competition 2019. #FutureReadyASEAN competition is a programme that challenges you to build an impactful blog from scratch that can drive sustainability in your community by using the Digital Citizen track in the Future Ready ASEAN’s website as a basis.
Get a chance to represent your country and meet other extraordinary youth from 10 ASEAN countries in a regional stage that will challenge your digital skills even further. To join this competition, you have to form a team of 2 and find a mentor that will guide you during the competition.
Applicants are required to identify a pressing challenge in the ASEAN region across one of the four following sub-themes and describe in your blog a concrete and scalable solution to address this challenge:
- Climate Change
The successful team will get a fully-funded trip to Bangkok and a chance to win a total prize of USD 4,500!
- Champion: USD $2,000 and a one-day immersion program at Grab’s office in Singapore
- 1st Runner Up: USD $1,500
- 2nd Runner Up: USD $1,000
- Certificates for Finalists and Participants who meet the competition requirements.
- Open to all ASEAN youth aged 15 to 35. Girls are encouraged to apply. The competition is open to all ASEAN countries.
- Team submissions with 2 participants and 1 mentor are required. Only 1 submission is permitted per team. Mentors may manage more than 1 team.
- All participants and mentors are required to register on the FutureReady ASEAN website and obtain the following:
- Digital Citizen – advanced level badge (blue belt)
- Dream Team Player – beginner level badge (yellow belt)
- Data Wizard – beginner level badge (yellow belt)
- Social Innovator – beginner level badge (yellow belt)
- Theme (30%): The sustainable goal chosen and content.
- Blog Site Appeal (30%): User experience, user interface, visual aspects.
- Codes (30%): Use of HTML5 and CSS on Microsoft Visual Studio Code mandatory. Proper file management and organization.
- Instructions (10%): Ability to take competition requirement instructions.
For more information, visit Future Ready ASEAN Competition.