NYU Center for Ballet and the Arts Fellowship Program 2020-2021 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: November 1, 2019
Applications are open for the NYU Center for Ballet and the Arts Fellowship Program 2020-2021. The Center for Ballet and the Arts (CBA) is an international research institute for scholars and artists of ballet and its related arts and sciences. It exists to inspire new ideas and new dances, expanding the way we think about the art form’s history, practice, and performance in the 21st century.
The CBA Fellowship Program awards residencies to artists and scholars across disciplines to work on projects that expand the way they think about the history, practice, and performance of dance. Applicants are not required to be experts in dance but must have an interest in engaging with the art form. The fellowship provides space, financing, and time to pursue rigorous work. CBA Fellows are encouraged to ask questions and take risks. They gain colleagues they would not otherwise encounter. These engagements between artists and scholars, two communities that do not often intersect, strengthen and deepen the work of both.
- $750 or $2,500 per week, depending on the fellowship
- Use of CBA’s dance studio, offices, and conference rooms
- Housing, as needed and available
- Round trip transportation to and from New York City
- J-1 visa facilitation
All CBA Fellows must:
- Be a scholar or artist pursuing an original project related to dance and/or its related arts and sciences.
- Applicants applying as scholars must have a Ph.D.
- Applicants must show exceptional promise and/or have demonstrated significant accomplishments in their field.
- Dance expertise is not required.
- Students (as of September 2020) are not eligible.
For more information, visit NYU Center for Ballet and the Arts Fellowship.