Salzburg Global Seminar Internship Program 2020 in Austria and Washington DC (Funded)
Deadline: October 31, 2019
Are you passionate about helping to shape a better world? Are you hungry to put your classroom learning to work and gain real world knowledge and skills? Do you want to work in an international team in an inspiring environment? Apply for an internship with Salzburg Global Seminar!
Salzburg Global Seminar is an independent non-profit organization founded in 1947 to challenge current and future leaders to shape a better world. Their multi-year programs aim to bridge divides, expand collaboration and transform systems. Salzburg Global convenes outstanding talent across generations, cultures and sectors to inspire new thinking and action, and to connect local innovators with global resources. We foster lasting networks and partnerships for creative, just and sustainable change.
Interns are selected from across the world in a highly competitive process. While undergraduates who have completed at least three years of accredited study may apply, preference is given to recent college graduates or to those in early-stage graduate studies whose interests and skills align well with Salzburg Global’s programs and activities.
Salzburg Global makes every effort to select a diverse group of interns and to align their general and specific assignments to maximize both the learning experience interns receive and the contribution they can make. Salzburg Global Seminar offers a number of three-month internship programs (non-accredited), which allow interns to not only enhance their skills and knowledge, but also access its impressive network of Salzburg Global Fellows.
- For internships in Salzburg, Austria, Salzburg Global provides room and board at Schloss Leopoldskron and travel from and return to the intern’s country of residence.
- For internships in Washington, DC, Salzburg Global provides a stipend.
- Communication internship: An integral part of a small but busy communications team, this internship is perfect for a recent journalism school graduate who is passionate about telling stories that capture the programs’ impact.
- Development internship: Based in Salzburg, Austria but working closely also with colleagues in Washington, DC, USA, this internship is perfect for a recent graduate who wants to gain experience in both fundraising and program delivery at a nonprofit organization.
- Library internship: Working in the historic Max Reinhardt Library at Schloss Leopoldskron in Salzburg, Austria, this internship is for a highly organized, self-motivated recent library science graduate who is up to the challenge of managing a small collection and supporting staff research.
- Program internship: Based in Salzburg, Austria, this internship is perfect for a self-motivated and pro-active recent or soon-to-be graduate who wants to gain experience in program delivery, from event planning and preparation to implementation, at a nonprofit organization.
- Open to interns from across the world
- Undergraduates who have completed at least three years of accredited study may apply
- Undergraduates working towards a Bachelor’s degree demonstrable interest in one of Salzburg Global’s program areas may apply to either the Program Internship or the Development Internship. The Communications Team and Library Internships, however, are only open to applicants with an undergraduate or graduate degree in relevant fields.
- Preference is given to recent college graduates or to those in early-stage graduate studies whose interests and skills align well with Salzburg Global’s programs and activities.
- For questions about internships in Salzburg, check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- For questions about internships in Washington, DC, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit Salzburg Global Seminar.