Deadline: November 10, 2019
Entries for the APP Student Venture Prize 2019 are now open. APP Student Venture Prize is designed to empower the most advanced entrepreneurial ventures by Nigerian undergraduate students. It supports individual students who have identified a significant opportunity, and whose ventures have the potential to create “impact at scale”.
The prize is agnostic with respect to what sectors or industries ventures are working in, or even whether they are commercial, social, or have blended approaches. The essential thing is that a student/group of students (max team no. 4) has identified an opportunity or challenge and is thinking big about how to solve it. APP Students Venture Prize is intended to help them accelerate and scale those solutions.
Winners will receive prize money, critical mentorship, and access to top business leaders in Nigeria and beyond. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a one-week Prize Bootcamp, where finalists will be trained on various aspects of business education by some of Nigeria’s leading entrepreneurs and corporate executives from December 6-14 in Calabar, Nigeria.
- Prize Money:
The Grand prize winner will walk away with a cash of N1,000,000.While two runner ups will also be rewarded with N500,000 and N300,000 respectively.All finalists will have access to a deep and knowledgeable roster of mentors, industry contacts, and experienced entrepreneurs to give them support and assistance
- A Network of Support: Prize winners will have access to a deep and knowledgeable roster of mentors, industry contacts, and experienced entrepreneurs to give them support and assistance.
- Business School in a Workshop: All our finalists will make it to a boot camp for intense training on different aspect of practical business education; understanding the business environment, defining customer cluster, business plan/proposal that convert, building a team, leveraging digital, scaling and even more.
APP Student Venture Prize applications are open for full time enterprising undergraduates with a big idea or existing business.
To be eligible for this prize
- You must be an undergraduate in an accredited Tertiary Institution in Nigeria (proof required).
- You must have a viable and scalable business idea or an existing business.
- You must be the sole owner of the business.
- You must be willing and available to move into and reside in the “APP VENTURE STUDENT PRIZE BOOTCAMP VENUE” in Calabar for the duration of one week if shortlisted.
- You must be willing and able to peacefully coexist with the other finalists during the Bootcamp.
- You must be in excellent physical and mental health.
For more information, visit APP Student Venture Prize.