BIM Africa Student Advocacy Program 2020 (Fully-funded to attend International Conference)
Deadline: December 16, 2019
Applications for BIM Africa Student Advocacy Program 2020 are now open. The Student Advocacy Program is a program designed to create BIM awareness amongst students of Tertiary Institutions in Africa. The modules of this program entails selecting Student Advocate Team in each university in various countries.
The selected Student Advocates are trained virtually on BIM and how to present a BIM awareness program in their various institutions. The event staged in each institution are then ranked according to predefined metrics to select the highest ranking. The Advocates of top rank universities would have the opportunity to attend a fully-funded BIM (or construction related) conference outside their country of study.
BIM Africa is a Pan-African community of construction professionals saddled with the responsibility of creating awareness, sensitizing and regulating the adoption of BIM across Africa.
How it Works
A team of two students is selected in each represented university in various countries. These Student Advocates are trained virtually on BIM and how to present a BIM awareness and training program in their various institutions. The training are designed to encompass the tools, processes, and policies required to effectively integrate BIM into a construction practice.
With the required support, they then proceed to conduct and host BIM Tool training and Process Advocacy events in their campuses. The event staged in each institution are ranked according to established metrics to select the best performed and highest ranking. Advocates of top rank universities would then have the opportunity to attend a fully-funded BIM (or Construction related) conference outside their country of study.
Costs covered includes flight tickets, accommodation during the conference and entry visa.
- University students (Undergraduates) studying courses related to Architecture, Engineering and Construction.
- Be in their penultimate or final years of study in the University.
- Be creative, outspoken, dynamic and able to influence others.
- Collaborate with a Partner studying a different accepted course of study in the same University.
- Diversity in gender of Partner is an added advantage.
- Prior awareness of Building Information Modelling is not mandatory.
- Are citizens of African countries and studying in any African University.
October 21, 2019 | Application opens
December 16, 2019 | Application closes
December 31, 2019 | Successful team notified
January 1, 2020 – March 1, 2020 |Training of all Student Advocates.
February 3, 2020 – Judges Announced
March 2, 2020 – August 1, 2020 | Project tasks and Local training in all represented Institutions
August 3, 2020 – August 31, 2020 | Ranking of local Institution training and performance.
September 2020 – December 2020 | International conference participation.
- The application must be submitted by the team lead with the adequate consent and understanding of the partner.
- Inclusion of individuals in multiple teams results in disqualification of application from both teams.
- Successful application and selection represents the willful expression of participating in the activities of the program.
- Submission of email and application using this form signifies interest in receiving communications from BIM Africa.
- Information and data provided will be kept in strict confidence and used solely for internal communication purposes.
For more information, visit BIM Africa SAP.