Dr Abdul Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarship 2020 at University of Sydney
Deadline: January 12, 2020
Applications are open for the Dr Abdul Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarship 2020 at University of Sydney. The Dr Abdul Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarships celebrate Dr Abdul Kalam’s commitment to education, and his endeavours to support outstanding students to develop as future leaders.
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India. During his five years in office, Dr Abdul Kalam’s focus was on transforming India into a developed nation by 2020. A distinguished scientist and aeronautical engineer by training, Dr Kalam advocated that it is possible to work cooperatively for an economically developed, prosperous and peaceful society. In recognition of his contribution to his profession, Dr Kalam was presented with an Honorary Doctorate of Engineering from the University of Sydney in 2011.
- The Scholarship is valued at 50% of the tuition fees and is tenable for one year only.
- The Scholarship will be processed for each relevant semester.
- The recipient will be required to pay for all relocation expenses to Sydney including airfares, overseas health cover, Student Amenities Fees, and any other costs associated with their studies.
- Deferral of the Scholarship is not permitted without the prior permission of the Associate Dean (Education) and it is not transferable to another University school, faculty or university.
- The Scholarship will be offered subject to the availability of funds.
- No other amount is payable.
- Applicants must be an international student and have an unconditional offer of admission for a masters by coursework program in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum distinction average (equivalent to 75 at the University of Sydney) in their undergraduate studies.
- All applicants must be commencing their degree in the same Semester and Year the Scholarship is offered.
- Students who have already commenced their postgraduate studies in the Faculty, or students transferring from another postgraduate program are not eligible.
- The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- The Scholarship will be awarded by a selection committee consisting of the Associate Dean (Education) or their nominated delegates.
For more information, visit University of Sydney.