YALI RLC Southern Africa Education Change Makers Programme 2020 (Fully-Funded)
Deadline: November 15, 2019
Applications for the YALI RLC Southern Africa Education Change Makers Programme 2020 are now open. The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (YALI RLC-SA) and the Trevor Noah Foundation have partnered to invest in a new generation of young African champions for education quality.
The programme implementation will be completed in two phases:
- Four weeks of intensive classroom training focused on foundational leadership skills and the application of business and public institution management tools for the education sector.
- Six months of post-graduation coaching and mentoring. The programme will also include site visits and live case studies using highly interactive methodologies.
- Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, lodging, meals, and course materials. All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Young leaders, ages (18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries and the African continent
- Involvement and/or experience in the Education sector
- Nationals of Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program
- English language proficiency
The programme encourages applications from:
- Young African Leaders in the education sector i.e. principals, teachers, education enterprises or nonprofits, and policymakers
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTI communities across the region
- Other minority groups
For More Information, visit YALI RLC-SA.