Apply for funding! Open Media Hub “Being 20: Young Activists”
Deadline: December 1, 2019
The Open Media Hub (OMH) is launching a Call for Expression of Interest for Production Support for a series of the social media videos “BEING 20: YOUNG ACTIVISTS”. Applicants are invited to produce a 90 seconds original square video for social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram etc.).
The “BEING 20: YOUNG ACTIVISTS” square video needs to feature a young person in your country who is actively involved in charity work, activism, civil society organisations etc. They want to hear about young people who donate their time and effort to make a difference in the villages, towns and countries in which they live.
The questions you may want to ask:
- How did you make a difference?
- What motivated you to start this activity?
- What were the main obstacles on the way?
- How did it affect your life?
- What is the wider impact of your activity?
The amount of support will always take the topic, media outlet, and country into account and be proportionate to the typical prices and rates in your country.
The maximum funding for
- 90 seconds square video: up to €600
- 90 seconds square video AND an additional HDTV version produced for TV broadcast/online: €1,000
In addition to financial support, journalists will be mentored by leading media professionals who will help them to plan and produce stories in the right format and at an appropriate quality level.
- Open to online, TV and Radio journalists who produce video content for online and the social media platforms from the European Neighbourhood: Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Libya, Lebanon, Moldova, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and Ukraine.
- News organisations with online and social media platforms (including Newspapers, TV stations, Radio stations, websites);
- Journalistic organisations (e.g., associations, foundations) if they can demonstrate a publication commitment from a media outlet;
- Journalists acting on behalf of any of the above.
- Freelance journalists with a letter of intent signed by media organisation.
For more information, visit Open Media Hub.