Thomson Foundation Journalism Now Scholar Programme 2020 (Win an all-expenses-paid trip to London)
Deadline: December 13, 2019
Applications are open for the Thomson Foundation Journalism Now Scholar Programme 2020. Journalism Now is a series of online interactive courses designed and led by industry experts providing the latest in digital and multimedia skills. The global learning environment gives exclusive access to live training and mentoring sessions, run by leading journalists, and a unique knowledge-sharing platform.
Hone your newsgathering, storytelling and multimedia journalism skills in this five-week programme with the help of internationally renowned journalist, Ewen MacAskill. You will take seven of the CPD-accredited online courses including Mobile Journalism, Social Media Newsgathering, Journalism Across Multiple Platforms, and Data Journalism, and will work on one or more stories that you will publish.
- The highest performer will be invited on an all-expenses-paid trip to London to attend the 2020 Thomson Foundation five-week summer course, which includes a mixture of masterclasses, workshops and practical training and a week’s placement at a leading UK media organisation. A small number of top performers will also be acknowledged on their website and social media.
- Open to entrants aged 18 or over.
Terms and conditions
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the event they are unable to do so, then Thomson Foundation reserves the right to select another winner.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
Thomson Foundation accepts no responsibility for entries that are delayed or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The prize is subject to a successful visa application, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Participants may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the competition and shall participate in such activity on Thomson Foundation’s reasonable request. The winner will consent to the use by Thomson Foundation of the participants images, names and voices for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and videos, online, including the websites hosted by Thomson Foundation), and in marketing and promotional material.
- Entrants into the competitions shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Complete seven Thomson Foundation online courses (you don’t need to re-take a course if you have previously completed it).
- Attend or watch the replay of up to four webinars with Ewen MacAskill.
- Work on and publish a multimedia story.
For more information, visit Thomson Foundation.