IBM Great Minds Student Internships 2020 for Master’s Students in EMEA
Deadline: November 30, 2019
Applications are open for the IBM Great Minds Student Internships 2020. The Great Minds initiative is a competition for 3 to 6-month internships at one of the IBM Research Labs in Zurich, Nairobi, or Johannesburg for students from central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It provides students with the unique opportunity to work alongside world-class scientists in the leading industrial IT research organization.
The internships will take place in 2020. The exact starting time and duration will be agreed upon with the winning students individually, taking into account their academic commitments and the availability of IBM staff.
IBM Research has been conducting the Great Minds internships for more than a decade. This program also benefits Universities when the Great Minds winners bring back a valuable understanding of real industry problems, knowledge of advanced IBM technologies, and contacts throughout IBM Research.
- IBM will pay the winners a lump sum towards travel expenses as well as compensation that covers adequately the cost of living in Switzerland, Kenya, or South Africa, respectively.
- IBM will also obtain the necessary visa and work permits for the successful candidates.
- The program is open to any full-time student enrolled in a Master’s program in
- Artificial Intelligence
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Machine Learning
- Life Sciences
- Software Engineering
- Service Science
- At a recognized university in central or eastern Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
- The students must have a solid command of the English language in both written and spoken form.
- IBM is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from both genders as well as minority groups.
- They would especially like to encourage qualified women to participate in this competition.
Applicants must submit their current CV and a letter of recommendation from their current professor (in English, preferrably PDF format).
For more information, visit IBM.