Centre for Strategic Litigation East Africa Emerging Advocates Training Programme 2020 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: December 5, 2019
Applications for the East Africa Emerging Advocates Training Programme 2020 are now open. The East Africa Emerging Advocates Training Programme is a 6 month (26 weeks) programme hosted by The Centre for Strategic Litigation in Zanzibar. The programme seeks to build the next generation of Public Interest Lawyers in the region through intensive training and internship placement.
The East Africa Emerging Advocates Training Programme targets advocates from Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. It will run from February, 2020 to July, 2020. Selected candidates will spend 1 month in-residence training in Arusha, Tanzania and 4.5 months interning in an organisation that handles Public Interest cases in their home country.
For the selected candidates, The Centre for Strategic Litigation will cover:
- Transport costs from their home country to Arusha and return
- Accommodation and food while in Arusha
- A monthly stipend during the 4.5 months internship
The Centre for Strategic Litigation welcomes applications from candidates:
- With citizenships from Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda
- That has a University law degree, and accreditation to practice law
- Have been in practice for not more than 5 years
- Have a passion to build a career in the human rights field, and to practice Public Interest Law
- Can commit fully to the 26-week programme
For more information, visit East Africa Emerging Advocates Training.