World Nomads Travel Photography Scholarship 2019 for Aspiring Photographers (Win a funded trip to Mongolia)
Deadline: November 27, 2019
Are you ready to take your photography to the next level? Apply for the World Nomads Travel Photography Scholarship 2019 for Aspiring Photographers.
World Nomads is looking for an aspiring, passionate photographer to send on a trip to Mongolia to be mentored by Canon Master Richard I’Anson. During this 10-day scholarship opportunity, you’ll capture the unique celebration of nomadic culture at the Naadam Festival.
To win, all you need to do is apply with your best 5 images that tell a story from a place you’ve visited. This is your opportunity to showcase your photography skills and individual perspective on the world. Their goal is to give the winner of this scholarship a foot in the door of the travel photography industry, so your application should demonstrate your talent and desire to turn your passion into a profession.
- Free flights: Receive round-trip airfare from your closest international airport to Mongolia.
- 10-day trip: Journey through Mongolia on a custom tour designed by Discover Mongolia.
- Professional mentorship: Receive a one-on-one mentorship with Canon Master Richard I’Anson.
- Camera bag and accessories: Carry your camera in functional style thanks to Wandrd.
- Purifier bottle: Stay hydrated with the world’s fastest portable water purifier from Grayl.
- Travel insurance: As always, travel insurance for the trip provided by World Nomads.
- Open to aspiring photographers. The scholarship is not open to professional photographers of any kind. This is a learning opportunity for someone who is looking for an introduction into the travel photography industry and, more importantly, is keen to be mentored.
- You can only submit one application.
- Unless you are a Mongolian citizen, you will need a current passport with at least six months left before expiry. Organizers will assist the winner where they can in acquiring a visa and reimburse all associated visa costs. However, the applicant must be eligible to obtain a Mongolian tourist visa.
- Your photo story should:
- Feature an original subject and your original perspective
- Convey a compelling and cohesive story
- Showcase your excellent technique and creative composition
- Be supported by complementary, thoughtful captions
- Capture a 5-image photo story: Your brief is to tell a story from a place that you have visited through images.
- Upload your images and caption them: Use your captions to help contextualize each shot.
- Complete the application form: Fill in your personal details so tyhey know how to contact you should you make the shortlist.
For more information, visit World Nomads.