Deadline: January 15, 2020
Applications for the One Young World Lead2030 Challenge 2019 are now open. Formed by One Young World, Lead2030 is the world’s biggest prize fund for young leaders making an impact for the Sustainable Development Goals.
From ending extreme poverty to protecting our oceans, the Sustainable Development Goals are an ambitious plan to create a sustainable future. To make this future a reality, we need a generation of young leaders who are meaningfully engaged with the Global Goals and are working purposefully to achieve them.
Powered by some of the world’s leading businesses, the initiative finds, funds and accelerates SDG solutions created by founders under 30. The first cohort of Lead2030 Challenge Winners received a total of $500,000 in funding in addition to entering a 12 month programme of executive mentorship. New challenges are now live and awaiting your solutions.
The winning solution will receive
- A US$50,000 grant from the sponsor
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Deloitte professionals and partners. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organization, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG challenge
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out
- Proven: Readily available, in or past implementation phase
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills
- Measurable: Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract
- Scalable: Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
For more information, visit Lead2030 Challenge.