Apply to become Digital Content Editor at True Run Media in Beijing, China
Apply to become a Digital Content Editor at True Run Media. True Run Media is currently seeking a passionate and talented writer and/or editor to join their team. Whether you are a professional writer, casual poster or established blogger, they would like to hear from you. Representing the various and varied communities of Beijing is their thing, and they want to be sure that a wide range of diverse voices are heard. So what’s your scene?
Founded in 2001, True Run Media (TRM) is a top provider of information about living, working and having fun in the internationally-minded community centered in China’s major metropolitan cities. True Run currently publishes three brands in print and online – the Beijinger, beijingkids, and JingKids (Beijing and Shanghai) – and also hosts events for the community.
- Copy edit and schedule articles for the Beijinger blog
- Schedule and post content on social media streams (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Assist Managing Editor to coordinate editorial line and Social Media Manager in their work
- Pitch articles, collaborate with the team, and submit to deadlines
- Occasionally write to spec
- Applicants should currently live in Beijing
- Have excellent written skills in English
- A passion for Beijing and China, telling great stories, and connecting with the community
- Highly professional and able to work to deadline
- Reliable and consistent
- Minimum two (2) years of related work experience (for foreigner applicants)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in journalism, communications, social media management, etc.)
Bonus points if you
- Are fluent in English and comfortable working in Chinese
- Have previous experience working in media, publishing and/or advertising
- Have previous experience working with social media platforms
Interested applicants should send their updated resume and 3 writing samples (or a link to them) to: [email protected]
Due to the volume of applications that they receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information, visit True Run Media.