Yenching Global Symposium 2020 for Young Professionals and Graduate students (Fully-funded to Beijing, China)
Deadline: December 1, 2019
Applications are invited for the Yenching Global Symposium 2020 for Young Professionals and Graduate students. The Yenching Global Symposium (YGS) is an annual event that brings together people from different fields and across generations with a common interest: China.
This year, the three-day event will take place in March 2020 and will comprise engaging speakers and interactive events on the topic of Sino-Sustainability: Reimagining Global Solutions. This conference will feature prominent international scholars and leading young professionals from a wide range of fields and will provide a highly focused, application-based experiential learning platform. The Yenching Global Symposium is hosted by the Yenching Academy at Peking University, Beijing, China.
- Delegates selected to attend the Yenching Global Symposium will receive fully-funded travel, accommodation, and meals in Beijing for the duration of the conference.
They welcome applications from anyone with strong leadership potential ready to participate in nuanced interdisciplinary discussions on questions surrounding China and global sustainability who meets the following criteria:
- Born after January 1, 1990
- Possesses, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in any field, at the time of application
- Is available for the entirety of the conference, March 27 – 29, 2020 (and any required travel time to and from Beijing)\
- Has not participated in a previous Yenching Global Symposium or Yenching Social Innovation Forum
- Is proficient in English
- Holds a valid passport which does not expire within 6 months from February 2020
- Bonus: Has participated in China-related activities – academic, voluntary, professional, or extracurricular
The application for the Yenching Global Symposium 2020 is divided into the following sections:
- Personal Information
- Education and Employment
- Symposium Information
- Language Requirement and CV
- Short Essay Questions