Mamman Marshal Scholarship for Women in Journalism 2020
Deadline: December 6, 2019
Applications for the 2020 Mamman Marshal Scholarship for Women in Journalism are now open. The scholarship award is specifically to support female students of Journalism or Mass communications in three universities across Nigeria.
The scholarship was instituted in 2017 to celebrate a man, who against the grain of his time educated his daughters; giving them an advantage that sets them apart from their peers. This scholarship award, set up by one of his daughters who has risen to become a reference point, a positive image and an example against a backdrop of impossibilities and impediments in the field of Journalism; is to honor her father and his extraordinary legacy.
In 2018, another set of 6 female students from these three universities were awarded the scholarship from the 2019 academic year to the completion of their first degree. This third year of the scholarship, a new set of 6 female students will be awarded the Mamman Marshal Scholarship for Women in Journalism.
- The scholarship covers tuition, accommodation and provides a stipend for the six female students until completion of their degree program.
- Applicants must be female students of Journalism or Mass communications in three universities across Nigeria
- Must have just gained admission to one of the following: Bayero University Kano, Lagos State University or University of Uyo
- Need financial assistance
- Write a 500 word essay on suitability for the MMSWJ
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit Mamman Marshal Scholarship.