American Chemical Society Lucille M. Wert Scholarship 2020 (up to $1,500)
Deadline: February 1, 2020
Applications are open for the American Chemical Society Lucille M. Wert Scholarship 2020. The scholarship is designed to help a person with an interest in the fields of Chemistry and Information to pursue graduate study in Library, Information, or Computer Science. This scholarship is given yearly (to a qualified applicant) by the Division of Chemical Information of the American Chemical Society.
In 1989, the Division established the annual Student Scholarship Award to recognize chemists pursuing graduate studies in information, library, or computer science, leading to a career in chemical information. The Award consists of a certificate and stipend. It is usually presented at an ACS Local Section meeting in the vicinity of the recipient’s residence or school. The award was renamed in 1996 to honor the late Lucille M. Wert.
- The Scholarship consists of a $1,500 honorarium.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree with a major in Chemistry or related disciplines (related disciplines are, for example, Biochemistry or Chemical Informatics).
- The applicant must have been accepted (or currently enrolled) into a graduate Library, Information, or Computer Science program in an accredited institution.
- Work experience in Library, Information or Computer Science preferred.
To apply, send the following items:
- Letter of application giving the reasons you should be considered for the award
- Transcript of Undergraduate studies
- Three letters of reference
- GRE scores (optional)
Applications (email preferred) can be sent to: [email protected]
CINF Awards Committee
633 Dayton Road
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010-3801
For more information, visit Lucille M. Wert Scholarship.