Harvard Stem Cell Institute (HSCI) Internship Program 2020 for Undergraduates (Stipend of $5,000)
Deadline: February 3, 2020
Applications are open for the Harvard Stem Cell Institute (HSCI) Internship Program 2020. The Harvard Stem Cell Institute (HSCI) Internship Program (HIP) provides non-Harvard undergraduate students with a focused and challenging summer research experience in a cutting-edge stem cell science laboratory.
Interns are exposed to different professional options within the scientific arena through a stem cell seminar series, a career pathways presentation, and a weekly stem cell companion course. Students present their summer research findings, both orally and in poster format, at the HIP Symposium—a requirement of all program participants. Each intern is placed, at the discretion of the program administrators, in one of Harvard’s 11 affiliated hospitals and research centers.
- A stipend of $5,000 will be provided, and this is intended to cover transportation, meals, and personal expenses related to participation in this program.
- Students, especially international students with J-1 visa requirements, will require evidence of greater personal financial resources to support their time at Harvard.
- This is an undergarduate internship program open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors who express a strong interest in stem cell biology.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a program in the natural sciences.
- Applicants may be from any college or university across the United States and internationally.
- Harvard University will sponsor the visas for international students who are selected for this program.
Application is completed in two steps:
- Step One: Apply for a Harvard XID. It may take several hours before your XID is recognized by the system.
- Step Two: Complete the application link for summer 2020
The deadline for application is February 3, 2020. The program will begin on June 8, 2020. All selected candidates must commit to being at Harvard by June 15 (absolutely no exceptions to this requirement).
For more information, visit HSCI Internship.