We Art Water International Short Film Festival 2019-2020 (€10,000 in prizes)
Deadline: April 2, 2020
Applications are open for the We art Water Film Festival 2020. The We Art Water Film Festival is an international short film festival, organised by the We Are Water Foundation, that aims to acknowledge and reward the talent of all those people with a clear awareness of the water problem around the world and who are also able to capture it in their productions.
The main objective of the We Art Water Film Festival is to raise awareness of the water problem around the world through the creation of audio visual pieces that address this issue.
The theme for the 2020 competition is “Climate Crisis.” All submitted pieces need to be related to the current climate crisis, linking it to the global water and sanitation problem and its relation to hygiene, pollution, agriculture, diseases, nutrition, education, etc..
There are three categories in the short film contest:
A total of 4 awards for each category will be awarded, totaling €10,000 in prizes
- Micro-documentary: €3,000
- Micro-fiction: €3,000
- Micro-Animation: €3,000
- Audience award: €1,000
Any individual of legal age and from any nationality wishing to contribute to the dissemination of the message of the We Are Water Foundation may participate.
- All short films need to address the topics: Climate Crisis, water and sustainability, linking it to the global problem of water and sanitation and its relation to hygiene, pollution, agriculture, diseases, nutrition, education, etc.
- The short films must have a duration of one to three minutes (excluding official title cards at the beginning and end).
- Audio or texts that form part of the works must be in English or subtitled in English.
- They must start and end with the official title cards:
- Must be submitted between October 3, 2019 and April 2, 2020