Safaricom Corporate & Commercial Internship Programme 2020 in Kenya
Applications are invited for the Safaricom Corporate & Commercial Internship Programme 2020 in Kenya. The internships are offered in Safaricom’s Commercial, Business development, Enterprise business, Financial services, Internal Audit, Finance, Corporate Security, Human Resources Divisions.
This internship seeks to expose you to the various teams within your assigned divisions e.g. Sales support, Marketing, Market research, MPESA, HR, Finance, Procurement, Audit, cyber security, Corporate sales and innovation.
As an intern, you will be exposed to ‘on job training’ and exposure to their experienced leaders throughout the program. Through an internship with Safaricom, you’ll tackle business challenges that make a real impact. You’ll work alongside teams performing real tasks and you’ll develop your skills and build your network in a dynamic environment designed to support your long-term career objectives.
- You must be in your final or second last year of any Business related/IT related degree program in an accredited institution of higher learning undertaking a Bachelor’s Degree.
- You must be on break from school during the internship period for any of the quarters within the year.
- Knowledge in any digital vertical within commercial e.g. digital marketing, digital sales, data science will be an added advantage
- Dean’s academic commendation is an added advantage
- Must be available for the full period of the internship program (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm)
- You can only select 1 quarter in the year for which you will be available for the internship
- The internship is for a fixed period of three months without extension.
Ideal candidate’s requirements:
- Desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn and explore the corporate environment
- Oral and written communication skills, the ability to follow instructions, as well as the ability to challenge the status quo will enhance a successful internship.
- Basic proficiency in MS office suite skill required.
As part of the recruitment and on-boarding process the below documents will be required at a later stage.
- Letter from your college indicating you are a student there and/or require internship as part of requirement for course completion.
- NSSF, NHIF, KRA PIN & Bank account details
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- Good conduct & CRB certificate
For more information, visit Safaricom.