Call for Initiatives – Stars4Media Exchange and Training Programme 2020 for Young Media Professionals in Europe
Deadline: January 20, 2020
Are you a young media professional eager to gain skills, boost your career, test your ideas, and expand your network? Are you a publisher or an editor whose media needs innovation backed by business, to develop future management, and to grow its network with top media leaders in Europe?
Entries are open for the Stars4Media Exchange and Training Programme 2020. Stars4Media is an exchange and training programme for young media professionals (“rising stars”) between cooperating media organisations, to accelerate media innovation and cross-border coverage in Europe. Stars4Media will encourage innovation through skill-building activities between paired media organisations to test ideas, produce contents and develop initiatives around 4 strategic themes.
This pilot project call is structured around 2 waves divided in main topics:
- Wave A – TRUST in media: Topic A.1) Constructive journalism; Topic A.2) Fact-checking; Topic A.3) your own topic.
- Wave B – DATA for media: Topic B.1) Data-journalism; Topic B.2) Artificial Intelligence / Language technologies; Topic B.3) your own topic.
As a young media professional you will:
- work with another European media than your own for 4 to 12 weeks
- gain practical skills on quality reporting, data journalism, fact-checking, AI and translation technologies, marketing, and social media
- be part of a network of 100 young media innovators in Europe
As a media outlet you will:
- grow your network with the best innovative media companies in Europe and top media leaders
- test ideas, develop new products and new business models, and innovate
- develop and motivate your staff and future management
- Participants of this project will be young media professionals (“rising stars”) with 2-10 years of media experience, coming from different backgrounds (journalists, graphic designers, tech developers, marketing and social media managers).
Requirements for participating in the Stars4Media Pilot Project
- The media outlets behind the proposed initiatives will endorse the project’s terms and conditions;
- 80% of the eligible costs will be reimbursed. Eligible costs are: traveling, subsistence and training costs incurred during the initiative;
- A maximum of 6000 euros expenses per person will be eligible to be reimbursed of which 80% is reimbursed by the project and 20% by the media outlet participating;
- The ratio 80/20% also applies for reimbursing expenses lower than 6000 euros;
- We will give priority to initiatives of at least 2 media professionals from 2 different media outlets (this is a “Stars4Media Pair”). Exceptionally initiatives can have more than 2 media outlets;
- Initiatives already indicating a Stars4Media Pair will be given priority and are more likely to be selected;
- 10% freelance media professionals might be accepted provided they have a VAT number.
Interested media professionals and media outlets will be able to submit their Expression of interest and questions by filling in a form. Your Expression of interest in the Stars4Media pilot project should be submitted by sending it to [email protected] with the Subject: ”Expression of interest Stars4Media”.
For more information, visit Stars4Media.