Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Scheme 2020 for Undergraduate, Masters and MPhil/PhD Study
Deadline: February 21 and April 30, 2020
The Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Scheme 2020 is open for applications. The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries.
- The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- Furthermore, the scholarship also covers a return airfare by the most economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries as per the following criteria:
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached
their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programmes,
applicants should not have reached 40 years by the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or
PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the Guidelines for Applicants)
for academic year starting in 2020.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated in the table below or the minimum course
duration whichever is lesser.
For March 2020 intake, the deadline is 21 February 2020 and for August 2020 intake, the deadline is 30 April 2020.
- Guidelines for Applicants diploma
- Guidelines for Applicants masters
- Guidelines for Applicants PhD
- Application form Postgraduate
- Application form Undergraduate
Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly filled-in. Section 5 of the application form should be endorsed and completed by the Nominating Agency in the country of citizenship of the applicant. Applications which are not made through the Nominating Agency of the respective countries will not be entertained.
For more information, visit Mauritius-Africa Scholarship.