CERN Beamline for Schools (BL4S) International Competition 2020 for High School Students (Win a trip to Germany)
Deadline: March 3, 2020
Did you ever wonder what it is like to be a scientist? If you’re up for a challenge, the Beamline for Schools Competition is your chance to experience it. Any high-school student from all around the world can join the adventure. Jump into the world of particle physics and think of a simple and creative experiment.
Take part in hands-on scientific experiments on-site at DESY! Through BL4S, CERN and DESY offer a great opportunity for students to learn, make new discoveries and apply their knowledge into new settings.
- The first prize for the winning teams is a trip to DESY to carry out their proposed experiments at a fully-equipped accelerator beamline.
- There are additional prizes for shortlisted teams and certificates for all participants.
- Open to teams of high-school students from all around the world who, if they win, are invited (with up to two adult team coaches) to DESY to run their experiment.
- Teams must have at least five students with at least one adult team coach, but there is no upper limit to a team’s size (although just nine students per winning team will be invited to DESY).
- Teams may be composed of students from a single school, or a number of schools working together.
- Your team is totally free with respect to the experiment that you propose as long as it does not rise any safety concerns. The technical feasibility will be an important criterion for the selection of the winners.