African-German Youth Initiative Innovation Fund 2020 – Call for Project Proposals (Up to EUR 12.000)
Deadline: February 29, 2020
The African-German Youth Initiative (AGYI) Innovation Fund 2020 is open. The German Federal Government and the African Union Commission (AUC) have launched the second open call for project proposals under the African-German Youth Initiative (AGYI) Innovation Fund.
The aim of the AGYI-IF is to improve and innovate youth exchange and mobility between African countries and Germany and to develop essential competencies and skills among young individuals from African countries and Germany by focussing on sustainable global development and strengthening the idea of ‘global citizenship’ by reaching directly out to relevant stakeholder (exchange practitioners, alumni).
Eligible for funding are projects in the fields of:
- enabling African alumni from German-African youth exchange programs to act as multipliers for youth exchange and youth voluntary services
- promotion of innovative and inclusive approaches of African-German or trilateral youth exchange for skills development in line with the SDGs and the AU Agenda 2063 and
- promoting innovative community-based change projects within the context of African-German youth exchange and voluntary youth services to implement the AU Agenda 2063 and/or the SDGs
Grants of between EUR 2.000 to EUR 12.000 will be awarded.
- For field 1 applicants have to be 14-35, for the other fields there are no age restrictions.
- Applicants have to be registered as a non-profit organisation in Benin, Togo, Ghana, South Africa or Tanzania. There is an option for non-registered youth groups to apply through a parent organisation.
- The proposals’ budget should be between EUR 2.000 to EUR 12.000 and the implementation period should not exceed 5 months.
Interested applicants from Benin, Ghana, Togo, South Africa and Tanzania are invited to submit their project proposals until 29th February 2020 midnight South Africa time.
For more information, visit AGYI Innovation Fund.