TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2020/2021 for Researchers in Developing Countries (Stipend available)
Deadline: March 16, 2020
Applications for the TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2020/2021 are now open. The TWAS-CUI Fellowship Programme for Postgraduate Research offers fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to obtain all or part (sandwich or full-time) of their PhD in natural or social sciences.
TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the campuses of the COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI). The duration of the Fellowship is from a minimum of six months to a maximum of 3 years (up to 18 months for a sandwich programme).
- SANDWICH Fellowships (for those registered for a PhD in their home country): The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period of 18 months.
- FULL-TIME Fellowships (for those not registered for a PhD in their home country): The Fellowship may granted for a period of up to 3 years. Candidates will register for their PhD in the relevant department at one of the campuses of CUI, Pakistan.
The fellowship is offered in the following fields:
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social and Economic Sciences
- CUI will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- Applicants must be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- Must not be on site in Pakistan;
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- Hold an MSc degree in a field of natural sciences;
- IF applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold a MSc degree in a field of social sciences;
- Be a maximum age of 35 years by 31 December in the year if application;
- For SANDWICH Fellowships: be registered PhD students in a developing country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample in guidelines);
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships: be willing to register at a university in Pakistan;
- Provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from CUI (see the online application for a sample). Requests for acceptance must be sent to Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar (International) (by emails [email protected], [email protected] who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Mr. Kashif Masood, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
For more information, visit TWAS-CUI.