Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Tanzania Young Leaders Forum 2020
Deadline: February 12, 2020
Applications are open for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Tanzania Young Leaders Forum 2020. The Young Leaders Forum (YLF) is a multidisciplinary program on social, economic and political challenges at the national, continental and global level.
Since 2000, FES Tanzania has been running its Young Leaders Forum in which youth from different social and political backgrounds have been brought together for critical discourse and exchange in a non-partisan, objective and constructive manner.
The YLF provides the platform for active young minds and political activists to learn about, discuss and critically interrogate issues of social justice and democracy in the country and in sub-Saharan Africa at large. It is a multi-disciplinary programme which focuses on various social, economic and political matters at the local, national, regional, continental and global level to nurture a political activism by the youth which is dynamic and transformational.
Objectives of the Programme
The main objectives of the programme are
- To enable young citizens to actively engage politically and to contribute to opening up the institutions for citizen participation;
- To build a network of young change-makers from different backgrounds who will instigate positive change to social, economic and political challenges pertinent in the country;
- To bring awareness among the youth towards their rights and responsibilities;
- Open to young Tanzanians;
- Candidates should be between 21 and 35 years old;
- Be holders of degree or the equivalent at the minimum, and
- Be politically interested and active in civil society, political parties, or trade unions.
Send your application, consisting of a one page motivation letter and your CV in PDF format, to email@example.com, or submit a hard copy to FES office located along Mwai Kibaki Road.
In your motivation letter, kindly reference your personal voluntary engagement in society, how your participation in the YLF will help to nurture and expand this engagement and help to transform your organization. Furthermore, explain what you are expecting from the YLF and what you can contribute to its success.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Interviews for candidates based in Tanzania mainland will take place in Dar es Salaam on February 26, 2020 and for Zanzibar-based candidates in Unguja on February 22, 2020.
For more information, visit Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Tanzania.