ICFJ Open Data Costa Rica Project – Data Bootcamp 2020
Deadline: February 21, 2020
Applications for the ICFJ Open Data Costa Rica Project – Data Bootcamp 2020 are now open. Join the International Center for Journalists, in partnership with Punto y Aparte and La Voz de Guanacaste, in a two-day intensive data bootcamp as they aim to increase transparency and accountability in Costa Rica.
They are offering 40 free seats to local journalists, civil society advocates, students, data experts, designers and technologists. The bootcamp will be held from February 27 to the 28, 2020 in San Jose as part of the ICFJ program, Open Data Costa Rica.
Not only will you have the chance to interact with four skilled experts who will be leading the bootcamp, you’ll also gain valuable experience as you learn to use data as a tool for producing stories and demanding greater transparency. You will connect with others hoping to expand the open data movement and work together in teams to develop prototypes of reporting projects that engage citizens.
By the end of the workshop, you will have:
- Experimented with various data analysis tools
- Examined different visualization tools
- Learned how to find and produce compelling stories from raw data
- Worked in teams to create data-driven projects
With support from the trainers at the bootcamp, they will help you design data-driven concepts.
- Open to journalists, civil society advocates, students, data experts, designers and technologists
- Participants must be locally based in Costa Rica.
For more information, visit ICFJ.