Ms. Geek Africa Competition 2020 for Young African Girls (Cash prizes plus funded trip to Transform Africa Summit)
Deadline: February 29, 2020
Applications are open for the Ms. Geek Africa Competition 2020. The competition is aimed at inspiring more girls into Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) by devising solutions to challenges faced in their community and across Africa.
Finalists undergo an intensive training program conducted by successful entrepreneurs. The training equips them with presentation, public speaking and critical thinking skills to prepare them for the competition. Ms. Geek Africa Competition winner is selected by a panel of judges upon successful presentation of their solution. She receives a wide range of prizes including a cash reward, phone, laptop, tablet, a trip to an international technology event and more.
- All finalists have equal opportunity to learn and prepare for the day, and each of them will go home with a laptop and other prizes.
- The top three winners will be awarded cash prizes.
- They also get an opportunity to participate in the Transform Africa Summit where they interact with many industry leaders and their governments. All expenses are covered for all selected finalists.
- Open to girls between the ages of 13 and 21 years;
- Be as a citizen of one of the Smart Africa member states: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, DRCongo, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Kenya, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, South Africa, South Sudan, Togo, Tunisia and Uganda;
- Contestants must be available to travel to The Republic of Guinea between April 19 – 23, 2020 for training and Transform Africa Summit.
- Your application must describe the problem you want to solve, how your solution will solve it, a conceptual design, what technologies you are using/should be used to develop it, key stakeholders, how content will be generated, and shared.
- Your solution must be original or an innovative improvement to existing technologies.
- You must consider that most Africans have limited access to internet and smart devices.
- A graphical presentation must accompany the concept note, demonstrating how the solution will work and an example of the user interface
- Submit solution to [email protected]
- All applications must be submitted in English or French.
- Name the submitted application in this format: YOUR NAME-COUNTRY.
For more information, visit Ms. Geek Africa Competition.