Deadline: February 22, 2020
Apply to become one of the UN Youth Envoy’s Young Leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals 2020. Convened by the Envoy on Youth, the Young Leaders for the SDGs are recognized for their leadership and contribution to a more sustainable world.
As a community, they work to support efforts to engage young people in the realization of the SDGs both through strategic opportunities with the UN and through their existing initiatives, platforms and networks.
The Young Leaders for the SDGs support one or more of the following initiatives:
- Advocate for the Goals, in ways most accessible and relatable to young people across different contexts;
- Promote innovative ways of engaging their audiences and peers in the advocacy and realization of the Goals;
- Contribute to a brain trust of young leaders supporting the UN and partners for key moments and initiatives related to the Goals.
After their tenure, Young Leaders for the SDGs remain involved in the initiative as alumni and collaborate and mentor the current class of Young Leaders.
- Open to young leaders from around the world who have distinguished themselves and have demonstrated achievements in promoting and advancing the key areas of the SDGs.
Candidates are scored on aspects such as:
- Leadership: Ability to influence and motivate others.
- Innovation: Uniqueness and ingenuity.
- Scalability: Potential to benefit others beyond their current scope of influence.
- Impact: Measurable outcomes directly linked to their work.
- Presentation: Ability to inspire and motivate others through story telling.
They are then selected based on:
- Achievement: Demonstrated achievements in promoting and advancing the key areas of the SDGs.
- Influence: Personal influence within their respective fields and reputation for inclusive and innovative leadership.
- Integrity: Demonstrated integrity, commitent to the SDGs and core values of the United Nations.
For more information, visit UN Youth Envoy.