Women Deliver Young Leaders Program 2020 for Young Advocates (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 13, 2020
Applications for the next class of Women Deliver Young Leaders are open. Women Deliver is looking for 300 passionate young advocates to join them in creating a more gender-equal world. The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program connects young advocates ages 15-28 with the platforms, the people, and the resources that can amplify their influence on a larger scale.
The award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program connects passionate young advocates with the platforms, people, and resources to amplify their influence on a larger scale. With an emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights, Women Deliver elevates the work of young people taking a stand for gender equality. Since its inception, the program has worked with 700 young advocates from 138 countries who are on the front lines of initiatives to advance gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women.
The next class of Women Deliver Young Leaders will be onboarded in May 2020, and will then have access to the program’s platforms, people, and resources. Class of 2020 participants in good standing will also be offered access to scholarships to the Women Deliver 2022 Conference, and upon successful completion of the program, join the Women Deliver Young Leaders Alumni Network.
- The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program provides young advocates with opportunities to build and strengthen their advocacy knowledge and skills.
- Women Deliver Young Leaders also gain:
- Global visibility as champions for the health and rights of girls and women through media and communications opportunities.
- Networking opportunities with high-level decision-makers, media, private sector representatives, and other change-makers, including other Women Deliver Young Leaders, Alumni, and activists around the world.
- Membership to the Women Deliver Young Leaders Alumni Network for continued learning, networking, and support upon successful completion of the program.
In order to meet the requirements of the program, applicants MUST:
- Be between the ages of 15-28 at the start of the program (1 May 2020)
- Be proficient in English
- Have regular access to email and the internet
- Have a valid passport, or be willing to acquire one at own expense, and be able to travel internationally
- Have access to a bank account or PayPal account for sponsored opportunities
They welcome applications from passionate and diverse advocates from across the globe:
- From all levels of experience with advocacy work through avenues such as policy change, community organizing, journalism and media, law, academia, research, medical and healthcare provision, and other relevant sectors
- Whose work focuses on sexual and reproductive health and rights or other gender equality issues
- With diverse experiences, including those who identify as: LGBTQIA+, indigenous, living with HIV, ethnic or religious minorities, living with a disability, forcibly displaced from or within their country, older adolescents ages 15-19, residing in rural areas, and other historically marginalized populations.
Women Deliver Young Leaders have access to a number of opportunities to strengthen their skills and participate meaningfully in advocacy efforts. A Terms of Reference, which will detail all commitments and expectations, will be shared with selected applicants before the start of the program. These commitments and expectations include:
- Upholding the values and policies of Women Deliver.
- Adhering to the Women Deliver Young Leaders Program Value Statement as listed in the application; representing the Women Deliver Young Leaders Program with dignity and professionalism.
- Regularly checking and responding to communication from Women Deliver. • Successful completion of Digital University coursework, which requires 2-4 hours per week over a period of 10 weeks.
- Attendance and participation at the Women Deliver 2022 Conference and Young Leaders PreConference, which will be announced in the near future. Women Deliver Young Leaders will receive sponsorship to participate in the conference (further information about this will be shared with Young Leaders).
- Successful completion of any opportunities that you may be selected for such as Speakers Bureau, workshops, or grants.
Applications for the next class of Women Deliver Young Leaders are open until 13 March 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
For more information, visit Women Deliver.