InterAction’s 18th Annual Photo Contest 2020 for Photographers Worldwide ($1,000 USD prize)
Deadline: March 11, 2020
Entries are invited for the InterAction’s 18th Annual Photo Contest 2020. Each year, InterActions hosts a photo contest to highlight photographers who showcase incredible humanitarian and development work around the globe.
They invite you to submit your most powerful photos that illustrate innovative, effective, and inspiring efforts in international relief and development. Examples of self-reliance, innovative technology, shared values, partnerships, and delivery of humanitarian assistance are encouraged, though entries are not limited to those categories. All images should be of work done outside of the United States.
- One Grand Prize winner will receive $1,000 USD. They will showcase the winning photo at InterAction’s 2020 Forum, April 22-23 in Washington, D.C.
- Three runners-up will receive $100 USD and have their photographs displayed in an online gallery on InterAction’s website.
- Six Honorable mentions will have their photographs displayed in an online gallery on InterAction’s website.
- Entry is open to all except current InterAction employees.
- Entries are limited to three (3) photos per person.
- Entries should be 300 dpi, or larger, at a size no smaller than 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- All uploaded photos should be named using the following: IA_Photographer’s First Name_Photographer’s Last Name_Photo Title.
- All entrants must hold the copyright to the photographs they submit and, by entering, are claiming such ownership.
A panel of photographers, photojournalists, and subject area experts will choose the winning photographs. They will be looking for qualities including:
- Photo composition, technique, and clarity.
- Relevance to contest rules (documentarian humanitarian/development work outside of the U.S.).
- Adherence to copyright and permission rules.
Submit your photos using the form here. All uploaded photos should be named using the following: IA_Photographer’s First Name_Photographer’s Last Name_Photo Title.
For more information, visit InterAction Photo Contest.