Open Society Foundations Puerto Rico Youth Fellowship 2020/2022 (Up to $45,000)
Deadline: March 15, 2020
Applications for the Open Society Foundations Puerto Rico Youth Fellowship 2020/2022 are now open. The Puerto Rico Youth Fellowships will support a second cohort of activists, aged 18–27, who want to implement a project of their own design to advance human rights in Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico is witnessing a historic moment, as young people continue to call out their government’s abandonment of the country’s most vulnerable communities. Responding to the recent earthquakes, as well as the government’s inadequate efforts to support those without secure housing, young people continue to organize to defend the rights of their communities.
With the motive to continue supporting social and political movements led by young people, Open Society Foundations is pleased to announce the second year of the Puerto Rico Youth Fellowship. The duration of the fellowship is 18 continuous months starting in August 2020 (approx. August 2020–February 2022).
- Recipients of the fellowship will receive $45,000, structured to cover project related costs as well as a living stipend.
- Open to Puerto Rican youth who want to implement a project of their own design to advance human rights in Puerto Rico;
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18-27.
- There is no minimum education requirements.
To apply, attach a copy of your resume and your letter of intent, and e-mail [email protected] on or before March 15, 2020 (11:59 p.m. EDT).
- Curriculum vitae, resume or biography: no more than two pages
- Letter of intent: written form, video, or voice note (four minutes maximum), answering the same questions listed in the prompt.