African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) Internship 2020 for Postgraduate Students
Deadline: February 24, 2020
Applications are open for the African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) Internship 2020. The Center currently has three internship opportunities for a period of 3-6 months starting from April 2020. The internships provide an opportunity for postgraduate students to develop a deep appreciation of various elements of research through attachment in a highly active research environment.
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non- governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
- Under the guidance of an assigned supervisor, set project goals, create an action and implementation-to-completion plan of action;
- Coordinate with research unit/project to determine research objectives;
- Provide periodic project updates and reports;
- Contribute to policy engagement;
- Present in at least one Brown bag presentation during the internship period;
- Submit a final report one week before the end of the internship; and
- Submit an internship feedback form.
- Open to postgraduate African students.
- Applicants must be willing to commit a period of 3-6 months on the internship.
- Copies of academic certificates;
- A letter of recommendation showcasing your suitability for the internship;
- From the list below, specify your preferred top two projects:
- Evaluating a service model for management of hypertension and diabetes among low and middle- income patients enrolled on M-TIBA in Nairobi, Kenya;
- Changing Food Systems in Kenya and Malawi and the Challenge of Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance;
- Right to Food under the Maternal and Child Wellbeing;
- Quality of post-abortion care project in Burkina Faso, Kenya and Nigeria; and
- Mapping scholarship and scholars on aging in sub-Saharan Africa.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letter and CV in English to email@example.com with the subject “Research Intern” by February 24, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, visit APHRC Internship.