Deadline: March 9, 2020
Applications are open for the CREATE DAV Undergraduate Summer School on Big Data Science 2020. The multi-institutional, interdisciplinary CREATE Program in Data Analytics and Visualization (DAV) at York University in Toronto offers an all-expenses-paid undergraduate summer school on big data science.
The Summer School is intended mainly for students who are planning to apply to graduate school in late 2020, and are interested in investigating interdisciplinary research aspects of the big data science. The event includes talks by CREATE DAV faculty and industry experts on current research topics in big data science, as well as hands-on experience in York and OCAD U laboratories.
The curriculum reflects the wide range of research areas at CREATE DAV, which includes research on machine learning, data mining, signal processing, computer vision, image processing, computer graphics, virtual human modeling, serious games, natural language processing, human perception & cognition, visualization & design. The Summer School dates are May 19-22, 2020.
- The program covers transportation costs (up to $1,300 CAD), and provides on-campus accommodations and meals.
- Open to undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a career in the big data science.
- Applicant may be a senior (year 3, preferably) undergraduate students that have a background in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Psychology, and Data Visualization.
- Current OCAD U’s senior undergraduate and prospective graduate students are eligible.
- Citizens of all countries are eligible.