Applications are open for the McKinsey & Company Young Leaders Program – Africa Delivery Hub 2020. The Young Leaders Program (YLP) is a 2 year full time consulting program that develops exceptional young local talent into real leaders. You’ll work in teams of typically 3-5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of the client engagement.
You’ll work in McKinsey & Company’s Addis Ababa office as part of the Young Leaders Program for the Africa Delivery Hub (ADH). McKinsey’s Africa Delivery Hub helps governments and social-sector institutions to address complex public and social challenges. Their purpose is to drive significant, tangible, and lasting improvements in service delivery to African citizens. They work to support high-performing schools, effective health systems, improved infrastructure, reliable power supplies, efficient food production, increased investment, and economic growth.
- You’ll collaborate with colleagues and clients to solve their toughest business problems. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management, and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
- In this role you will gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm.
- Young Leaders receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or the practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as formal training in your 2- 3 years.
- Additionally, you’ll receive guidance and support from your local office in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
Applicants should have
- An undergraduate degree with an excellent record of academic achievement
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local language
- Fewer than 2 years of continuous work experience in any industry
- Great potential in leadership, problem solving and entrepreneurial drive
For more information, visit McKinsey & Company.