Deadline: March 15, 2020
Entries are invited for the Global Changemakers Essay Competition 2020 for Young Leaders Worldwide. The essay competition is in honour of the upcoming launch of the Global Changemakers blog.
They invite anyone aged 15-30 from anywhere in the world to share their views, stories, creative writing pieces, journalism pieces, personal experiences, opinions etc. on the overarching competition theme of ‘We Are Global Changemakers: Young People Leading The Change.’
Here are some prompts to inspire ideas:
- Youth and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Youth-led organisations
- Youth participation
- Youth and social innovation
- Youth-led activism
- Youth civic engagement
- Youth-led social entrepreneurship
- Your own choice relating to Global Changemakers mission of supporting youth to create positive change towards more fair, inclusive and sustainable communities.
They will select three winners and five runners up. They will also award a number of “honourable mentions”.
- The winners will receive free access to resources available on Changemakers School for a period of 6 months and will be featured on Global Changemakers social media channels (160K+ reach)
- The runners up will receive a 50% discount to resources available on Changemakers School for a period of 6 months.
Winners, runners up and honourable mentions will receive certificates, will be published on the upcoming blog We Are Global Changemakers and will receive an open invitation to contribute to the blog.
- Anyone aged 15-30 from any country is welcome to submit an entry into the competition.
- Theme: How essay creatively relates to the competition theme or one of the topic prompts;
- Focus and Details: Whether essays are well focused and supported;
- Organisation and Ideas: How original ideas are, how they are presented and whether they capture the readers’ attention;
- Use of Conventions: Whether spelling, grammar and punctuation interrupt reading and detract from the meaning of the essay;
- Voice: Whether the writers unique perspective is shown.
Essays must be submitted in English using the official submission form before midnight Central European Time on March 15, 2020. Essays should be between 3000 and 7000 characters (with spaces) in length and should be the writers own work.
For more information, visit Global Changemakers Essay Competition.