Deadline: March 31, 2020
The John A. Kufuor Foundation is calling for applications for the Kufuor Scholars’ Programme (KSP) 2020. In response to the leadership challenge in Ghana and Africa, the John A. Kufuor Foundation, inspired by the founder’s vision, has instituted the Kufuor Scholars’ Program to provide the required specialized preparation for the Ghanaian youth.
The program targets young people in tertiary institutions, who have completed at least one year of studies. The general and primary aim is to add value to the formal education at the tertiary level by providing specialized orientation through programmed mentorship, skills and experiential activities and annual stipends. Selected candidates will stay in the program for at least three years.
KSP is a three-year training program that offers selected candidates mentorship and coaching, stipend, and specialized seminars and experiential activities in defined areas such as:
- Citizenship and Civic Responsibility
- Interpersonal skills, Leadership skills, Leadership seminars & Camps
- Problem-solving, Research & Innovation
- Integrity & Accountability
- Corruption and Accountable Governance
- Nation Building
- Ghana in a Globalized World
- Public Administration in Ghana.
- Project Planning and Management
- Over a 3-year period, the Scholar would benefit from leadership mentoring, camps, excursions and visits, seminars, practical leadership internships, and execution of personal projects prior to graduation.
- Included in the package is a branded personal laptop and a stipend of GH¢500 per semester.
- The Scholar may also have the opportunity of participating in International Exchange Programs.
To be eligible for consideration, the potential Kufuor Scholar must:
- Be of Ghanaian nationality.
- Have successfully completed the first semester level 100 of study at a Ghanaian university in any academic discipline. Students who are in second year (level 200) and beyond are not eligible
- Have demonstrable leadership interest and experience (e.g. in school, community or at the national level).
- Focus on ability to lead, commitment to service, moral force of character and outstanding academic intellect.
For more information, visit Kufuor Scholars’ Programme.