Deadline: April 1, 2020
Applications for the Climate, Food and Farming – Global Research Alliance Development Scholarships (CLIFF-GRADS) 2020 are now open. The CLIFF-GRADS is a joint initiative of the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security and the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA).
During their tenure at the host institutions, grant recipients learn to evaluate agriculture-related options for reducing GHG emissions and consider productivity and livelihood consequences. Topics depend on the students’ and host institutions’ interests. The techniques studied may include (but are not limited to) remote sensing, economic surveys, and measurement of greenhouse gas emissions.
Since 2011, a large number of students have received grants and have gone on to hold important positions in research institutions and governments.
- Selected students will be sponsored in the amount of $10,000 – $12,000 USD.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a PhD Programme, studying in a developing country and from a developing country.
The winning candidates will be selected based on the following three criteria:
- Overall level of research experience,
- Relevance of PhD thesis topic or other research experience, and
- Clarity of description of how the CLIFF-GRADS experience will improve your scientific capability and contribute to your career.
You will be unable to submit your application form until you have uploaded a single merged PDF document that includes the following:
- Your motivation letter as per the call document guidelines,
- A single page research CV, and
- A letter of support from your PhD research supervisor.
For more information, visit CLIFF-GRADS.