Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme 2020 (Up to 60 scholarships for Bachelor, Master or PhD Study)
Deadline: March 27, 2020
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) invites applications for the 2020 Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme. Under the initiative 60 scholarships will be provided for one year study at Bachelor, Master or PhD levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution.
The aim of the 2020 GOI-IES scheme is to reflect Ireland’s engagement in target partner countries. The scheme is operated in the higher education sector and funded in partnership between the Government and the higher education institutions (HEIs). Scholarships will be branded as prestigious awards reflecting the core messages about Ireland as a centre of international education. It is expected that for every scholarship winner, awareness of Ireland will be raised among many more potential students.
The offer is open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and is applicable to all fields of study.
Students who are successful will receive:
- A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
- Scholarships must be regarded as highly desirable and value adding to individuals’ subsequent lives and careers. In view of this, the GOI-IES will be awarded:
- to high calibre higher education students from non-EU/EEA countries;
- to study in Ireland for a period of one year
- The HEA will award a scholarship fund to the student (through the HEI that the student is attending) amounting to €10,000 for one study year. This fund is directed at covering student costs and living expenses. The scholarship may be for:
- the final year of an undergraduate programme;
- one year of a taught master’s degree programme or;
- one year of a research programme (i.e. one year of a 2-year research masters or a 3-4-year PhD programme).
Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships will be awarded to high calibre students from non-EU/EEA countries to study full-time in Ireland for a period of one year.
- Possess excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Extra curriculum activities (for example: humanitarian work; politics local, national, international; arts; sports);
- Possess strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES fits into their longer-term goals.
Read the Full Call before you apply.
For more information, visit Government of Ireland Scholarships.