ThisisFINLAND Foreign Correspondents’ Programme 2020 for Aspiring Journalists (Funded to Finland)
Deadline: March 19, 2020
Have you always wanted to visit Finland? Have you ever wondered about Finnish society and the Finnish way of life? If you’re a young journalist or social media influencer, you might have a chance at a once-in-a-lifetime Finnish experience!
ThisisFINLAND’s Foreign Correspondents’ Programme will be held again from June 7-13, 2020. During the week, you will find out about inspiring Finnish solutions for reaching carbon neutrality, Finland’s human-rights-based foreign policy, and equality in Finnish society, not to mention pristine nature, sauna customs, and vibrant urban culture.
Come and spend a week learning about the Finnish way of life, making new friends who share your interests, and having an unforgettable Foreign Correspondents’ Programme experience!
The 2020 Foreign Correspondents’ Programme starts on June 7 and ends on June 13. This year it focuses on climate diplomacy and Finnish solutions for reaching carbon neutrality by 2035, and on Finland’s foreign policy, which builds upon and promotes multilateralism, rules-based international order, human rights, and equality. You will have the chance to meet Finnish influencers and professionals, visit a media company, and visit businesses, institutions and cultural sites.
The relatively short duration of this year’s programme places certain limitations on it. Therefore, they reserve the right to make changes as necessary. If the participant wishes to add extra days at the beginning or end of the programme, it is very possible, but unfortunately accommodation for those days is at her/his own expense.
- The programme covers travel costs to and from Finland, local travel in Helsinki, accommodation, and the daily programme, including transportation and some meals. The programme does not cover medical insurance, per diem allowance, or meals not listed in the programme.
- Open to an aspiring journalist (recent graduate or soon to graduate) with some work experience in a media company (broadcast, print, or online), or a social media influencer, for example an accomplished blogger or vlogger;
- A citizen or permanent resident of one of the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Chile, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Angola/Namibia, Tunisia, Israel, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Turkey, Hungary, Poland and the UK;
- Able to work and communicate fluently in English;
- Interested in learning new things, meeting people from different cultures, and spending a week in a foreign country;
- Excited about becoming a lifelong friend of Finland!
All application documents should be written in English. They include:
- Attached application form
- Curriculum vitae, including photo
- A work sample, or an essay (600–800 words), or a link to a short video (2–3 minutes) emphasising your interest in Finland.
All application materials should be sent by email to the relevant Finnish Embassy or Consulate. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit ThisisFINLAND.