Royal Society Newton International Fellowships 2020 for Researchers (Funded to the UK)
Deadline: March 26, 2020
Applications for the Royal Society Newton International Fellowships 2020 are now open. These fellowships are for non-UK scientists who are at an early stage of their research career and wish to conduct research in the UK.
This scheme is jointly run by the British Academy, the Academy of Medical Sciences and the Royal Society. Research must be within the Royal Society’s remit of natural sciences, which includes but is not limited to biological research, chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics.
The Newton International Fellowships provide funding for two years, covering:
- Subsistence, at a fixed rate of £24,000 per annum
- Research expenses
- Relocation expenses
- Contribution to overheads at UK Host Organisation
- Applicants must have a PhD, or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts;
- Have no more than 7 years of active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry)
- Be working outside the UK
- Not hold UK citizenship
- Be competent in oral and written English
- Have a clearly defined and mutually-beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist
For more information, visit Royal Society.