Leading Asia Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2020 (Fully-funded to Munich, Germany)
Deadline: May 29, 2020
Are you a young leader from Asia? You could attend the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany through the Leading Asia Scholarship 2020. The Leading Asia is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Asia are represented at the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
Across the Asian continent, every state is confronted by a series of interdependent challenges. After years of prosperity and growth, the trade-war between China and USA may have transformative effects on the structure of the entire region. The 4IR is predicted to cause upheaval for industries that have sustained economies for decades. There has been a rapid rise of censorship across the South-East Asian region, increasingly in response to domestic instability. Improving the treatment of ethnic-minority groups remains an urgent priority. The region is chiefly responsible for extraordinary amounts of plastic pollution.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
Participants in the On Young World Summit:
- Gain greater visibility for your work & be heard by world renowned experts and leaders
- Tap into a global network of potential collaborators from 196 countries
- Gain access to exclusive Ambassador opportunities, such as speaking events
The scholarship provides:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 14 October and 17 October 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the Schengen region to attend the One Young World Summit 2020, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The Schengen visa costs $90 USD plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
- Applicants should be over 18
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Be addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Be a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed here: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, North Korea, South Korea, Kyrgyzstan, People’s Democratic Republic of Lao, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam