Leading The Americas Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2020 (Fully-funded to Munich, Germany)
Deadline: May 29, 2020
Are you a young leader from the Americas? Apply for the Leading The Americas Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2020. The Leading The Americas Scholarships is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from The Americas are represented at the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
The Americas are collectively going through major leadership transitions, with many of those changes in governance creating ripples of instability across the region. Months long protests erupted in Chile and the humanitarian crisis engulfing Venezuela, both causing instability. Argentina’s debt crisis is still looming and misinformation is still o the rise throughout the region. Yet in the midst of all the uncertainty, young leaders are emerging to set their countries back on course. The clean energy movement is taking heed and advancements in tech are looking to make societies more equitable.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
Participating in the One Young World Summit gives you the opportunity to:
- Gain greater visibility for your work & be heard by world renowned experts and leaders
- Tap into a global network of potential collaborators from 196 countries
- Gain access to exclusive Ambassador opportunities, such as speaking events
The scholarship provides:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 14 October and 17 October 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the Schengen region to attend the One Young World Summit 2020, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The Schengen visa costs $90 USD plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
You are eligible if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30;
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change;
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership;
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work;
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas ;
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the eligible countries.
For more information, visit One Young World Summit.