Durham University Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2020 for Female Students from Developing Countries (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 31, 2020
Applications are open for the Durham University Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2020. The aim of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to enable a female student from a developing country where access to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham.
The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims.
Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 4 quarterly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, single room in mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme by the end of May 2020.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies.
- Applicants should:
- hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course; and
- have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- not hold a Master’s degree; and
- not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
Submit both the applications:
- Stage 1: An academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship. Please forward your academic offer letter to [email protected] when you receive it from the University.
- Stage 2: An application for the Scholarship on this Application form
For more information, visit Hatfield Lioness Scholarship.