Facebook Community Accelerator Program 2020 for Impact Leaders (Funding available)
Deadline: May 1, 2020
Applications are open for the Facebook Community Accelerator Program 2020. This program seeks to equip impactful communities with the training, mentorship and funds to grow.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. An important part of this is supporting the leaders who foster community—people who offer encouragement, build bridges and drive change. They invest in and empower these leaders to start, grow and sustain meaningful communities that positively impact people’s lives.
If you run an impactful, established community, are ready to grow using Facebook’s family of apps and have the time and energy to invest in this program – Apply!
- Facebook will work with GlobalGiving to fund participants’ approved growth plans. Up to $3 million total will be awarded to program participants.
- Selected participants will each receive up to $30k to execute their growth plans during the 6-month program and could be eligible to receive part of the $500K additional funding available at the end of the program to further grow their communities and impact.
- This program is open to communities with leaders who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the following countries: Brazil, United States, Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, United Kingdom, France, Germany, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt.
- Communities must have existed for over one year (either online or offline), and must have a minimum size of 5,000 members if primarily online.
- The program will be conducted in English or Portuguese (if applying from Brazil).
A committee of Facebook employees and external experts will be selecting participants through a process consisting of a written application, a video submission and interviews. The committee will be looking at the community’s impact and trajectory, the leadership team and the community’s needs and goals.
The selection committee will look for communities who would benefit most from the unique programming offered and have the capacity to engage fully in the program. This includes:
- Established Community: An existing community (either online or offline) who has an engaged member base and has existed for over one year.
- Social Impact: A desire to create social impact that betters people’s lives through their community.
- Appetite to Grow: The community leaders know that growing their community through Facebook’s family of apps is their next challenge and are willing and excited to scale.
- Capacity: A team that has the capacity to scale their community using Facebook’s family of apps and can manage the growth and work that comes with it.
- Leadership: The leader(s) of the community have leadership experience, including managing teams and projects.
- Business Model / Income Strategy: The community has a business model or is close to having a business model to cover their costs, even if it isn’t recurring revenue.
- Commitment: A team that is committed to engage fully in each stage of the program.
For more information, visit Facebook Community Accelerator.