University of Cambridge Centre of African Studies Visiting Research Fellowships 2020/2021 for Early- to Mid-career Researchers (Up to £12,000)
Deadline: April 6, 2020
The Cambridge Centre of African Studies invites applications for a Visiting Research Fellowship 2020/2021. The aim of the Fellowship is to enable the fellow to focus on a period of research and writing while based at the Centre in Cambridge.
The Visiting Fellowship is part of the newly established Philomathia Africa Programme, with funding from the Isaac Newton Trust. Applicants’ research interests should touch on one or more of the broad themes of environment, energy, land, or climate change. Reflecting the interdisciplinary nature of the Philomathia Africa Programme, they welcome candidates with expertise in any field in the social sciences, arts or humanities.
- The award is worth up to £12,000, out of which visa, travel, accommodation and maintenance costs will be paid.
- Open to early- to mid-career candidates with an accomplished or highly promising research profile.
- Candidates must hold a teaching or research position at an African university.
- The applicant should have a PhD submitted at the time of application.
- The appointment is four months, with a start date between October 1, 2020 and January 15, 2021; it is non-renewable.
In order to apply for a Fellowship you will need to submit an application to the Centre of African Studies, University of Cambridge, by 6 April 2020 and to arrange for your references to arrive at the Centre by the same date. The Centre is not able to consider applications that are not complete.
This application package contains the following:
- A copy of the notice of award;
- Guidance on the information required in your curriculum vitae;
- Guidance on the type of project details required;
- Guidance for you to pass to your referees
Your application must include the following:
- your curriculum vitae including details of publications;
- your project details;
- a photocopy of your PhD certificate (if applicable);
- a photocopy of your passport;
- two references to be sent directly by your referees to the Director, University of Cambridge, Centre of African Studies, Alison Richard Building, 7 West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DT, UK. E-mail:email@example.com
Completed applications must be sent either by e-mail or in hard copy to:
University of Cambridge
Centre of African Studies
Alison Richard Building
7 West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DT
For more information, visit University of Cambridge.