Call for Applications: CcHUB Funding and Design Support for COVID-19 Projects
Applications are invited for the CcHUB Funding and Design Support for COVID-19 Projects. In light of the Coronavirus pandemic and its related consequences in other sectors of various economies across the globe, CcHUB is looking to fund and provide research and design support, via their Design Lab, for COVID-19 related projects.
These include, but not limited to, projects in the following areas:
- Last mile communication: educating the public and ensuring the right information reaches even remote locations.
- Support for the infected and the most vulnerable in society.
- Local production of essential medical supplies.
- Support for food value chain, from producers to consumers, in the event of movement restrictions.
CcHUB through its multidisciplinary team of product designers and engineers in CcHUB Design Lab in Kigali, Rwanda will provide funding and research to support the participants to explore the application of Human-centered Design (HCD) to proffer innovative solutions to flatten the curve of the spread of the deadly virus.
- For project focused on Lagos, Nigeria, LASRIC will fund novel solutions on COVID-19 by providing grant funding of $1,000 to 6 applicants.
- In addition to the grant funding, LASRIC will review the most promising solution with the intention of investing $12,000 in a convertible note with an equity claim in possible future funding rounds. The terms of this follow-on investment will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Open to startups based in Lagos and working on a prototype or have a solution in ideation, with the capability to develop the solution with available resources from CcHUB and LASRIC
- Projects can be focused on a particular African country, the African continent or the world at large.
For more information, visit CcHUB.