Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH) Small Grants 2020 for Early Career Researchers and Global Health Professionals (Up to £5,000)
Deadline: April 27, 2020
Applications are invited for the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH) Small Grants 2020. The aim of the small grants is to enable early career researchers and global health professionals in the field of tropical medicine or global health to undertake clinical or scientific research and/or fieldwork.
Applications focused on the thematic areas listed in RSTMH’s five-year strategy are encouraged. These are listed below:
- Neglected tropical diseases, with a particular focus on their overlap with non-communicable diseases and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Malaria, with a particular focus on drug resistance
- One Health and wider planetary health. The consideration of human health alongside animal health and the environment, in the context of social, economic and political factors
- Topical issues including, but not limited to, emerging diseases
- Drug resistant infections
- The maximum RSTMH small grant awarded is £5,000 (including VAT).
- Be early in their career
- Have a clear research plan for which they are seeking support
- Ideally be employed by, or affiliated to an organisation, though they will consider applications from those not affiliated or employed
- Demonstrate limited alternative sources of funding
- Have access to adequate supervision
- Have the appropriate insurance to carry out the research
- Hold a registered bank account, ideally not using a third party
- Be a RSTMH member. Applications can be submitted from non-members but, if successful, winners must join RSTMH before funding will be supplied.
- Have not received a RSTMH small grant in the last two years
- Submit only one application for a small grant per year
- Grants awarded cannot be transferred to other individuals or institutions
- Be able to start the project within 4 months of receiving the award
- Agree to non-personal information about their application being used for marketing and analysis by RSTMH, our volunteers and relevant partners
The following criteria are used to assess applications for small grants:
- Originality and potential to contribute to this area of work
- Feasibility of project design and methodology
- Resource and cost effectiveness
- Potential to provide career progression to applicant
For more information, visit RSTMH Small Grants.